Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Finished Pillow!



So I have had the top portion of this done for quite some time, and it had just been sitting in a bin waiting for me to finish it. I finally got around to it today after my joann's trip when I had thread to sew it up with! It was quick and easy.

I had never really quilted anything before and this was originally meant to be the start of a placemat set for the old apartment, but never quite got there (surprise, surprise...). Regardless the top was originally done on my previous (and lovely!) roommates sewing machine. Looking at it now I can tell that I should have adjusted her machine to a tighter stitch/tension as some of the seams within the quilted section of the piece are already starting to gap now that I have stuffed the pillow. Regardless, live and learn as they say. I wont be making the mistake of using such a wide stitch setting for seams again.


No comments:

Post a Comment