Monday, July 11, 2011

First Test: Honeycomb Twist Hat

After seeing a really cute posting of a color-work motif for a little robot from Celia at Celia's Knitting Adventure I was unfortunately too late to get added to the tester list, but it did direct me to this neat group on ravelry called: Free Pattern Tester I of course am a bit enthralled at the moment with the idea of designing some of my own knits, so I figured I would give testing a try and see a bit more of what some other people were posting on the group before jumping in as a designer myself.

Long story short, I am doing my first test for YuLian. I am making her Honeycomb Twist Hat using some of the homespun yarn I made back towards the beginning of the year with some roving I purchased from my trip out to Ohio. The roving I purchased was cheap for a reason. It was not the best washed roving and stil had a number of little itsy bits of hay flack within it which you can see a bit in the pictures. When I am finished I am going to have to go through with a keen eye and pick out the little bits and pieces that are still left over within the hat.

On a bright note however, I have never actually knit any of my handspuns in a nice pattern like this before (a plain scarf doesn't really count!) so I am looking forward to the end result!

As far as the testing goes, the pattern has been a fairly smooth ride. Nothing too extravagant in terms of types of stitches used, just some basic lace and cables to make a very nice pattern. I also have never made a slouchy hat before, so I am excited to see how it turns out.

More will most definitely be posted once I get to the blocking!







No comments:

Post a Comment