Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Newest Addition to the Family

Today I bought a sewing machine. Nothing too fancy but it most certainly will suit my needs! It is a brand new Brother VX-1435 that I bought for $40 from a girl off of craigslist. It is a little beat up from having sat in her back trunk for the past eight months, but is is new. She had never even opened up the casing to put in a new bobin. It was probably for the best that she moved it into more interested hands.

All of the excitement of having a sewing machine is slightly dimmed however by the fact that I don't have any thread! Or at least cant find the thread I thought I had. I took advantage of the fact that my previous (and lovely!) roommate had a fully stocked sewing table that used to be her great-aunts(?) and it had everything I could possibly imagine. Now I am going to have to build up my own stock of bobins, threads, needles, pins, seam-rippers (a must because I know I will make mistakes) etc.

Regardless of the little things I still need, I am happy to have the machine and cant wait to get started on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment